- In 2012, 98 foundations made grants worth $64.6 million explicitly designated for Black men and boys, up from $40.4 million in the previous year. Tweet
- More than half of all foundation funding for Black males from 2003 to 2012 was distributed in the latest three years. Tweet
- Education continues to be a top funding priority, but grantmaking for public affairs significantly increased. Tweet
- The top 10 grant recipient organizations consisted of a mix of national civic, policy, and advocacy organizations. Half of the top 10 list are Black-led organizations. Tweet
- Recommendations for future investments include increased funding in the area of health and wellness, in southern states, and for general operating support. Tweet
Special Collections are curated collections of research that addresses a specific topic or research question.
Knowledge Centers are a custom service of IssueLab providing organizations with a simple way to manage and share knowledge on their own websites.